Vyfbeker Farm Accommodation
3 bedroom plaashuis, 30 km from Kenhardt and 70km from Kakamas
This beautiful, spacious farmhouse is located between Kenhardt and Kakamas next to the Hartebeesriver. This is about 30 km from Kenhardt and 70 km from Kakamas.
The house consists of 3 spacious bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, large living area and a sunny second lounge area with its own entrance. The room is used as a sun room in winter. There is a built-in barbecue on the stoep where guests can relax until late in the evening. There is cellphone reception in the house. Limited DSTV available (Kyknet, etc.). No electricity, but solar power.
The kitchen is equipped with a gas stove. Hot water is provided by wood fired "donkey" water heater.
The temperate climate in winter months is ideal for working out here. Although it may get cold at night and early morning, the days are wonderfully warm to go hiking in the field and enjoy nature.
It is the ideal place to stay from where you can visit various tourist attractions in the area:
- Kenhardt (30 km):
- The Quiver Tree Forest
- Veneukpan, an ideal hotspot for parasailing enthusiasts
- Kakamas (70 km)
- Khamkirri MTB Trails
- Riemvasmaak 4x4 Trails and Hot Springs
- Keimoes (90 km)
- Witsand MTB Route
- Tierberg Nature Reserve
- Augrabies (146 km)
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Dassie Trail Augrabies
- Upington (120 km)
- Kalahari Museum
- Donkey monument
- Khi Solar One. Africa's first concentrated solar power thermal power plant lies just outside Upington
- Orange River Wine Route and the Bezalel Wine & Brandy Estate - Visit the Tasting Room to experience the full range of Bezalel Estate’s products. Treat your palette to a tasting sensation, including the finest Brandy, vintage Ports, young Reds, (literally) breathtaking Mampoers and simply delicious liqueurs.